Partner

• Membres
  • PipPip
  • 177 messages
  • Lieu :Germany
  • Jeu actuel :Rome- Total War, F.E.A.R., Quake 4

Posté 27/01/2005 - 00:47

Image IPB

First of all, Dawn of War is a REAL TIME strategy game. Not a round based one like the previous ports oF the popular tabletop game.

Dawn of War got everywhere only 87-93% ratings- no joke. The graphics are the best one in RT- strategy games for the PC at the moment. You can play with either the Space Marines, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar and/or Orc's in Multiplayer mode. In Singleplayer mode, you guide the "Blood Ravens" (my avatar) through their hopeless crusade to libarate a planet from the Orc's.

I'll write the other stuff later. I wrote a lot but I have to write everything again because I closed this damned window... Gee, that suckz. -_-):

INTRO:
Image IPB
Image IPB
Image IPB
Image IPB

GAME (All details max, Anit-Aliasing X6, Anisotropic Filtering X16):
Image IPB

Image IPB

Image IPB
Create your own Squad or re-created your fav tabletop figures!

MORE PICS> SEE NEXT POST
Image IPB

#2 Seiryo

Seiryo

Partner

• Membres
  • PipPip
  • 177 messages

Posté 27/01/2005 - 00:49

Image IPB

Image IPB

Image IPB

Image IPB

Image IPB

=)-SEIRYO-(=

THE BEST PICS> SEE MY NEXT AND LAST POST
Image IPB

#3 Seiryo

Seiryo

Partner

• Membres
  • PipPip
  • 177 messages

Posté 27/01/2005 - 00:50

Image IPB

Image IPB

Image IPB

Image IPB

Image IPB

Image IPB

Image IPB

The English and German dubbing is awesome, but, as I said, I'll go more into details later.
Image IPB

#4 Ignis

Ignis

aime les jeux extraterrestres

• Freelance
  • 5 511 messages

Posté 27/01/2005 - 01:01

Since Warhammer isn't directly related to Firefox, I splitted your topic and moved all those pictures on this new one.
I guess it's better both for people who want to talk about this game in particular and for 56k modem owners as well.

By the way, what's running into your computer ? It seems you've got top-notch technology to get such a high level of detail ^_^)

Image IPB

Gamertags XBLA :
AlterIgnis (JP, principal)
Ignis XII (FR, secondaire)

Id PSN :
Ignis-XII (FR, principal)
Ignis A (HK, secondaire)

#5 Seiryo

Seiryo

Partner

• Membres
  • PipPip
  • 177 messages

Posté 27/01/2005 - 01:28

[quote name='Ignis' date='27 Jan 2005, 1:01'] Since Warhammer isn't directly related to Firefox, I splitted your topic and moved all those pictures on this new one.
I guess it's better both for people who want to talk about this game in particular and for 56k modem owners as well.

By the way, what's running into your computer ? It seems you've got top-notch technology to get such a high level of detail ^_^) und eine Soundblaster Audigy 2 Soundkarte. I have a 19" Philips CRT monitor (I don't like TFT's- bad ms stats), a 109B50 . Oh and I use my HiFi with -big- boxes for the sound. ^-^

Every game (Far Cry, Doom 3, etc) runs perfectly on my system with max details. I only get lower framrates in W40K if I summon the "Blutdämon" (Blood Demon), but only while I summoning him I get lower FPS (you need to choose a Chaos Squad Captain to die for you, he'll fly in the air, in a circle, with nice special effects around him, and then... BOOM- a biiiiiiiig blood fountain appears (= low FPS) and the Blutdämon is here. Fucking kewl I tell ya. After that, The FPS are as high as ever).
By the way, I play only in 1024x768. ^-^ Ah wait! Except Morrorwind. I play Morrorwind in 1920x1440 resolution, but without Anti Aliasing (such a high resolution doesn't supports "AA").

PS: LOL, English and German mixed up! ^-^
Image IPB

#6 Seiryo

Seiryo

Partner

• Membres
  • PipPip
  • 177 messages

Posté 27/01/2005 - 01:40

More pictures!

Image IPB

Large pic (but compressed):
Image IPB
Look at those sharp textures!! A dream!!!

=)-SEIRYO-(=

PS: I used another program and replaced 3resized and compressed pictures with the same pics, but now they are only compressed.
Image IPB

#7 Seiryo

Seiryo

Partner

• Membres
  • PipPip
  • 177 messages

Posté 27/01/2005 - 02:17

Do you see the Green und Blue number down the portaits of the currently selected unit/squad?

The 1st one is for the HP (0= dead), and the second for the moral (0= your units will fight poor and die easily). There are units in the game (and you can upgrade your suqads with weapons which will...) .... break the moral of a squad. This is something completly new in the Real-time stretagy genre.

Yes, squads, you heared right. You control not single units, you control whole squads, (like Space Marine= 4 Squads after they landed on the planet (no stupid "producing" of human units), and you can send new units to a squad by clicking on the button with the 2 '++', shown on the right side of a screenshot.
This is also something new to the r.t. strategy genre.

Your units will fight while they are walking (this is something new too), and it depends on what surface they are how well they are protected against gun/tank fire. In craters, they are more protected (you can see this on the a shield symbol above their heads), as in open terrain or even water (water based defense decreases will be symbolized by an outlined shield symbol).

Tomorrow, I'll talk about the story!

PS: The hardware, yeah.... you need at least a P4 with 2,6Ghz and a Radeon 9600XT (9800Pro recommended) and 1024Mb RAM. For EAX 3 Soundeffects you'll need a Sound Blaster Audigy 2, ZS/ Platinum.

The games comes on 3 disc together with a Manual and a technology-tree wall-chart in a DVD case (German version). It make use of the Securom copy protection technology.
Image IPB

#8 Atsuriel

Atsuriel

Far Away

• Membres
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 686 messages
  • Jeu actuel :Wikipedia.org

Posté 27/01/2005 - 02:50

Looks great :ph34r:

Such an elaborated universe easily equals (or surpass) the very good Starcraft world which is one of the best made for a game imo

The squad system looks fine too ..

I would like to try it ..

* take a look at the config needed *

mmm ok I guess I'll have to wait 2-3 years at least ...
Image IPB

#9 Nooj

Nooj

Trusted

• Membres
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 messages
  • Lieu :Normandie

Posté 27/01/2005 - 12:25

That's quite good oO

Anyhow, the universe is perfectly retranscribed, the characters are really like the orignal figurines... (haa a Chaos Demon, Dreadnoughts and Terminators omfg this is beautiful oO !!!)

The gameplay looks very interesting even though it is certainly not as complex as Warhammer Rules XD But there seems to be a lot of elements which are alike, and it's surely new in RTS ^^
(the dices and the chance factor are just missing wub: )

It's a pity that I'm on a Macintosh or I would have already tried it ^^
Image IPB

#10 Zak Blayde

Zak Blayde

Twisted Lurker

• Freelance
  • 10 908 messages

Posté 27/01/2005 - 12:51

It looks great !
But I would have prefered the Warhammer's MMORPG, showed at the last E3 , who have been canceled. :'(

"Garde ta psychanalyse pour tes copains crabes défoncés."
Le Festin Nu
"Ne laisse pas le soleil te trouer le cul William Blake."
Dead Man
Le ciel au-dessus du port était couleur télé calée sur un émetteur hors service.
Neuromancien, William Gibson
Comme la voix d'un mort qui chanterait Du fond de sa fosse [...]
Sérénade, Verlaine

#11 Seiryo

Seiryo

Partner

• Membres
  • PipPip
  • 177 messages

Posté 27/01/2005 - 20:44

Hmm... Before I'll talk about the story I'll talk a little more about some of the features:

Nahkampf (Close combat): All your units are equiped with close combat weapons. How good they are in close comabt pretends on what units we speak about. Orc's will kill normal Edlars (like you know, Eldar's units are specialized either on close combat, long range weapons, destryoing vehicles and normal long range combat) in just a few minutes, because they are stronger. But close combat specialized Eldar's (like Banshees"), will have a better chance to kick their asses ("dans l'anus", my friends! Ha ha *lollollol*)
However, if, for example, tons of Orc's running into your Space Marine squad they'll automatically switch to Close Combat (as seen on the screenshots), but you can also select from 4different actions how they should fight (normal + close combat, close combat, nomral (using their Bolter's), etc.).

~ Serve the emperor today, because tomorrow you may already be dead! ~
[Recited from Dawn of War main menu]
Image IPB

#12 Hayward

Hayward

Français de France

• Freelance
  • 6 742 messages

Posté 27/01/2005 - 21:31

I love RTS games and this game seems quite good and might run on my PC. Unfortunately, I don't know much about the Warhammer universe. But it really appeals to me.

At the moment, I'm playing Starcraft Brood War (the add-on) and I find it excellent !!! Now that I have finished the first four episodes, I'm now playing the Terrans' episode, of which I'm beginning the third scenario. :)

Image IPB
Demain est souvent le jour le plus chargé de la semaine.

#13 Tompouce

Tompouce

TG Cid

• Fidèles
  • 2 802 messages

Posté 27/01/2005 - 23:29

Thks man you just made me wanna buy a new 1000$ computer :p
Game looks great.
What re the miniumum requirements to run the game?
" la vie n'est pas une force pour la violence, mais pour la liberté"

#14 Seiryo

Seiryo

Partner

• Membres
  • PipPip
  • 177 messages

Posté 27/01/2005 - 23:49

Game looks great.

???? Read my posts I already wrote that

However, here another kewl picture from the Intro (I deleted the Seiryo's Linkz picture for that):
Image IPB
Image IPB

#15 Seiryo

Seiryo

Partner

• Membres
  • PipPip
  • 177 messages

Posté 27/01/2005 - 23:54

Game looks great.

By the way only for 1000$?? You should say 1000Euro not dollar, 1000 are just ~910Euro, but you need more for a High-End PC (believe me , I know!).
Image IPB

0 utilisateur(s) li(sen)t ce sujet

0 membre(s), 0 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s)